This Notice is designed to explain how and why information about you will be used by Her Ride Ltd. Her Ride Ltd may update this Notice at any time and may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the way that we use your personal information.
How will we use information about you?
Her Ride Ltd collects personal information to perform services which we provide as part of our statutory functions. Where services are not part of our statutory functions, we may seek your consent to collect and process your personal information.
We will use your information to identify a case record for you and we are responsible by law for decisions relating to the security and use of your personal information.
Generally speaking, we will not use your information without your permission for purposes not directly related to the services we provide;
- If your information is to be used for purposes such as training or planning and improving services, your information will be anonymised;
- It might be necessary to share your information for a purpose not related to the services if:
- your health or safety, or that of others, is at risk;
- we wish to prevent or help investigate crime;
- we need to comply with a legal obligation.
What type of information will we keep about you?
- details about you such as full name, and contact details such as phone number, address, and e-mail address where appropriate;
- about any contact with you;
- information relevant to the services being provided, for instance address we pick you up from and address where we drop you to.
How will your information be kept secure?
In order to ensure that your information is used appropriately and that your privacy is respected, your personal information will be held and used in compliance with the requirements of all applicable legislation. This means that:
- Her Ride Ltd will take steps to ensure that your information is kept as safe as possible;
- only those staff who need to do so will access your personal information;
Who will we share information with?
To help ensure that we provide you with the best possible services, other organisations often work closely with us. It may therefore be in your best interests for your information to be made available to these organisations. In addition to this, we may be required by law to share your information with some of these organisations.
Typically, depending on the circumstances, we share information with the following types of organisations:
- local and central government bodies, such as City / District Councils in the County
- law enforcement agencies such as the Police, and Fire and Rescue Service
- regulatory authorities, such as the Local Government Ombudsman
- InSoftDev – who manage our taxi booking system.
Where we do share your information, we will take steps to ensure that those it is shared with keep your information secure, and that they also comply with the legislation.
What are your rights?
In addition to having the right to be informed about how we will use your information, you have the right (free of charge) to the following:
- of access to any personal information we hold about you;
- to have your information corrected if there are inaccuracies or if the information is incomplete;
- to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances in accordance with applicable law;
- in some instances, to object to your personal information being used at all due to special grounds relating to your particular situation. However, there may be compelling reasons why we may need to continue using your information even in these circumstances;
- to be told if your personal information is lost and if as a result, your privacy and rights may be at risk.
In addition to the above, if we have no legal basis to process your information other than the fact that you gave us your consent, then you have the following additional rights:
- to withdraw your consent to process your information;
- in some instances, to ask for your personal information to be sent to another organisation in a suitable format. For example, we can provide you with your personal information in a structured, commonly used, machine readable form when asked;
- to withhold permission for your information to be shared.
If you wish to see the information we hold or if you believe that any information we hold is out of date or inaccurate or you have additional information that could affect any services we provide you please contact us via email on email@example.com
We will be updating our GDPR Policy regularly to ensure best practice and ensure customers personal information is kept safe.
Who can I contact with any questions or complaints?
Please contact Her Ride Ltd via firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance. If you are still unhappy, you may contact the Council’s Data Protection Officer as follows:
Information Management Team
Oxfordshire County Council
You also have the right to appeal to the Office of the Information Commissioner which is the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues. Tel no. 0303 123 1113 Website: www.ico.gov.uk
Thank you for taking the time to read this Notice.